Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Yep, It's Me Again

Well, here I go with some stuff.
I have the pleasure of being a part of a great men's group called Outside The Walls. One of my tasks is to lead a weekly gathering for the guys. Lately I have been talking about "Random Thoughts". You know, the stuff that God just bangs into your head from left field, that shakes you up. One thing that has hit me this week is fear. Or should I say FEAR!
FEAR often keeps us from being all that we can be to serve our great and mighty God. Fear is something that keeps us from our forward motion in our walk.
The question is why? Why are we afraid of anything when we have the Creator of the universe on our side? I have read that "God wants you to get where God wants you to go more than you want to get where God wants you to go". So if that is true, and I believe it is, why are we afraid of jumping into what He wants? Yeah sometimes what He wants does not seem to be what we can see or into our plans, I get that. But, I know everytime I mention my plans to Him that He has a good laugh and then says "Ok, now really, this is what I want".
I use this illustration a lot but the point is good. Remember when you sat on the floor with your infant kids when they were learning to walk? I sat on one side of the living room and Christy sat on the other and we helped and supported these babies across the room. We cheered for them and said "come on, you got it, come on". We cheered and clapped and hugged them and we were so proud of those baby steps.And then little by little they started to get it, we helped them as they stumbled and loved them through the swerves and werves. I picture Our Heavenly Father doing just that with us along the way. He holds out His Hands for us to walk slowly towards and He supports us when we fall or stumble. He watches us and is proud when we get it right and He cheers for us along the way.
Why would we fear anything that He is asking us to do?
I don't know why but I still get scared sometimes when I know I should go or do what He says.
Maybe one day I'll be able to take more than a step or two without Him grabbing me.

If you want to hear some other "Random Thoughts" go to http://www.mcgregor.net/ and find the Outside The Walls podcast and see what's up. I would appreciate any constructive advice as well.

Well, gotta go. We'll do more later.

Peace-
Captain Dave

2 comments:

debbieingrovecity said...

Reading this reminded me of how much I miss our talks in my office. Please give Christy the biggest hug ever and the kids too.
Love you....
p.s the almond joys last alot longer without you!!!

debbieingrovecity said...

I need more info..missing you guys...
your girl SarahKare will be 7 on the 22nd..can you believe it??