Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Living in a Techno World

For those of you that know me, you realize just how limited I am related to things that are technical. I am just getting the hang of computers. Things with lots of keys and screens and knobs and buttons scare me.

The other thing that scares me is public speaking. I mean really, who gives a rip about what I have to say. This combination makes this whole Blog thing very weird to me.

I had the pleasure and honor of doing not just one but two Podcasts today. Now you may ask well, how many Podcasts have you done so far in your life there Big Boy? Well that's an easy answer. Two, and they were both today.

I humbly and with a great deal of care am leading our men's morning Bible study. It will be available on the MBC web site at some point. The series is called 'Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude'. And let me assure you that it is not the gospel according to Jimmy Buffett. It is about setting our attitudes in line with the Attitude of Christ. It is at least a good idea for a series, we'll see how well it gets done.

And then this morning I was asked to be on the "Mark and Miller" show. Which is a cool show that a couple of our pastors do each week. It can be heard also on the MBC web site under Podcasts. Once again I felt honored to be a part of it and I had a blast. But, I had to ask again who cares about what I have to say. My friend David and I had fun chatting about a few things and maybe even made a point somewhere along the line.

I am excited that David is going to be preaching a good bit in our near future, he has a great style and is very relevant. I am sure that many people will be blessed and challenged by his messages. I know I will.

So, for a real low tech guy this was an exciting day. Maybe there is hope for me yet in a Techno world.

Captain Dave

3 comments:

the burchard bunch said...

I ACTUALLY do give a rip about what you have to say.... Can't wait to listen to the podcasts! Miss you guys.

Your biggest(blog) fan,
Tina

debbieingrovecity said...

I love to hear what you have to say too!! Believe it or not...you do have words of wisdom and I will be eternally greatful for all the times you have shared them with me.
Give the family my love..

the burchard bunch said...

OK--- I love ya dude, but it's been almost 2 months!! Time to blog!! See ya in a few weeks :)