Sunday, November 11, 2007

On the way to God today.......

The information that we have about the life of Jesus is so valuable. What a treasure we have been given. His life is a lesson. That makes me wonder about what kind of lesson my life is to those who are watching.
I had an aha moment today. I taught Sunday school and tried a new approach. In a set of verses that teach us one lesson there lies a valuable message that was given to me. God used this lesson to bring comfort and direction to a lady who was visiting for the first time. Not just our class, I mean Sunday school as I understand it. She has just given her life to Christ.
She lost her husband recently and said that the message toady was just what she needed to hear in order to have some perspective on how to move on with life.
What a humbling experience it is to be used by God.
In whatever we do we should strive to be His light in a dark world. Let His light shine through you. If your eyes are bright with His light then so will be your heart. Let your heart guide you and every once in a while look yourself in the mirror and ask "How's your heart?"
How's that Tina????

2 comments:

the burchard bunch said...

Awesome post! I know God placed you in our lives for a purpose and I will forever be grateful that you were open to be used by Him! We love ya and miss the Stevanus bunch!

the burchard bunch said...

I just realized that, that's my honey on your page!!1 Love it and love him!!